Sun, 20 Sep 2020

FAIZABAD, Afghanistan, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- Five insurgents have been confirmed dead and three others injured as government forces launched operations in the troubled Kofab district of Afghanistan's northern Badakhshan province on Saturday, spokesman for provincial government Nik Mohammad Nazari said.

Aimed at stabilizing security, the operation was launched in parts of the restive Kofab district early Saturday and so far five armed insurgents have been killed and three more injured, the official said, adding the crackdown would last until the district is cleared of militants.

Ten more militants, according to the official, had been killed in parts of Badakhshan province on Friday.

Taliban militants, who are operational in parts of the troubled Badakhshan province, haven't made a comment yet.

More Central Asia News

Access More

Sign up for Azerbaijan News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!